Every pupil in Years 7 to 13 is expected to wear the correct school uniform. Having a school uniform contributes to the tone of the school and good order.
All pupils need a school bag large enough to carry an A4 book or folder.
Younger children can be careless with their property. You are strongly advised to mark your child’s property clearly with his/her name. In the event of a pupil losing an item of clothing and/or equipment, he/she should enquire at reception.
Years 7 to 11
- Black V-neck jumper with school badge.
- white school polo shirt with badge.
- or plain white shirt with a collar and a school tie.
- Plain, black trousers. Jeans, leggings or jogging bottoms are not permitted.
- Plain, black, sensible footwear with black soles.
- Plain dark waterproof coat (black, dark blue or dark green).
- Plain white shirt with a collar and a school tie.
- Plain black tailored trousers.
- Sensible black leather/artificial leather shoes.
- Black blazer, jacket or V neck jumper.
List of dress/clothing items that are not permitted
The following items are not permitted as school uniform and not allowed in school:
• No hooded tops or cardigans
• No jumpers or polo shirts with a logo other than a school badge
• No ‘jean style’, ‘skinny leg’ or fashion trousers
• No trainers (black or other), canvas daps or Ugg style boots.
• No denim, suede or leather/artificial leather coats
• No brightly coloured or patterned coats
• No jewellery (with the exception of a watch and small stud earrings which are permitted)
• No facial piercings including tongue piercings
• Makeup should be natural with no bright lipstick.
• Hair should be predominantly of one natural colour and not dyed with bright or unnatural colours which stand out, e.g. plum, red. Severe haircuts are not permitted, neither are ‘tram lines’ or artificial plaits or braids.
We have a high standard of dress and uniform at the school and pupils who are not in uniform may be sent home to change or be withdrawn from lessons to work independently.
Photographs of clothing that is not permitted can be viewed here.
Mr Franklin wrote to parents about school uniform during May 2015. A copy of the letter can be viewed here.